Recently my fiancé and I decided that we wanted to join a gym so that she had a place to be able to take classes, such as yoga, and I had a place I could use some more weights and some classes. Right now we are about one month into the membership and I have to say it has been going really well. I have adjusted my sleeping schedule and my pre and post workouts to help maximize the results.
Heres how my week currently looks like:
- Monday – Hot Yoga @ 9:30am
- Tuesday – BodyPump @ 8:30am
- Wednesday – Kickboxing @ 6:15pm
- Thursday – BodyPump @ 8:30am
- Friday – Rest day or cardio if im up for it
- Saturday – BodyPump @ 9:30am
- Sunday – Soccer Game w/ ECS league
Heres a quick explanation of some of the classes that I do:
- Hot Yoga – This is a class offered at Golds Gym which I do with my fiance. It helps stretch me out a bit after a rough week and gets a good workout at the same time.
- BodyPump – This is a Les Mills class offered at Golds Gym which uses a barbell to work every muscle in your body. This includes squats, lunges, triceps, biceps, shoulders, back and abs. Its a great class to get an overall workout in about an hour.
- Kickboxing – I got a groupon for this at a local place. This is an amazing workout if you have somewhere you can go to do this. I would do this more than once a week if it was cost effective for me but since I am part of Golds I cant afford another membership.
- Soccer – I am part of the Emerald City Supporters Football Club soccer team which plays in the GSSL league around Seattle area. This is as always a good workout since your running around with lots of quick movements. I played in high school and before so I try to keep it up.
Going to the gym and keeping a regular schedule has definitely made a huge improvement on my weight and my muscle but I have also started using some other tools to help me keep my eating and regular day activities at their best. To track my food I use a free service called “MyFitnessPal”. They have an app on my iPhone and also a web interface to track your food and workouts. Along with this I also have a FitBit which tracks my daily steps to see how I am doing just while working during the day. I dont use my FitBit for my workouts since it only tracks steps and I can get a calorie range from the classes and machines I use. But the huge advantage is that MyFitnessPal actually pulls in the data from the FitBit when they are connected.
Supplements & More!
The last step to my change was with the supplements and pre/post workout drinks I have been using. These just help me along the way so I can have energy for a workout, help rebuild my muscles and get all my vitamins.
For my pre-workout I have been using either Pump Fuel Insanity V2 when I am doing more muscle based workouts like the BodyPump or Cardio Cuts when I am doing a cardio workout like running or soccer.
For my post-workout I use Amplify XL Protein Powder. This just helps to rebuild my muscles after I have been working out. From what I have been told (correct me if im wrong) your body craves nutrients within 30 minutes of finishing a workout so I have been using this right after I finish at the gym.
Finally for my supplements I have been using a multivitamin called Mega Men Sport just to help get some of the extra vitamins that I dont get from everyday food. The other thing I have been taking is Censor Body Toner. This helps with your joints and is supposed to help to target the fat around your stomach and love handles. I am not sure if it is working or if my workouts are doing it but I have noticed less fat around my stomach and more definition.
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to hit me up! Thanks!